Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Barbie Doll by Vicious Andy

When I was young, I used to believe in pixies and fairy tales. Everyday was a play day; paper dolls, tea parties, dressing up, cartoons, Disney princesses: Jasmin, Aurora, Snow White, Cinderella, Rapunzel, and the like. But, there’s this person who caught most of my attention, and I call her Fiona.

Fiona and I met during my fifth birthday because my cool mom introduced her to me. Ever since then, she became my best chum or should I say I tried to become her alter ego. I brought her everywhere I went; we’re together from the time I sleep until I woke up. Besides, we share everything; I bathe, and dress her up, and I even impart to her all my thoughts and deepest secrets. She just looked at me, smiled, and speechless. Every day seems to be a routine, same face, and same expression. But behind her silence is an incomparable beauty: from her smooth blonde hair with bangs, tantalizing eyes with perfectly combined pink and purple eye shadow, rosy cheeks, kissable lips, fair skin, and sexy body complete with fashionable outfits, fabulous earrings, bracelets, rings, high hills, and other accessories. For me, she’s truly a goddess, superstar in her own way. I’m dying to be like Fiona, and I even tried to surpass her.

One time, when I was alone in our house, I went inside my mom’s room, raided her closet; put on make ups; wear dangling earrings, pearl and gold necklaces, bangles, watches, cocktail dresses, sleeveless, spaghetti straps, halter, which are already long gowns and dresses to me; high heels, and other accessories. In front of the mirror, the room transformed into a stage, and the spot light was focused on me. Pose here, there, and everywhere; I’m now the catwalk princess. At an early age, I’m already trying hard to be a lady, and Fiona has been proud of me as she looks at me with her usual expression, smiling yet speechless.

One day, I stepped out of the box where I kept myself for a long time. I realized that pixies never exist, fairytales seldom happened, and I can never be a Barbie enclosed in my own fancy world. I’m sick and tired of talking to lifeless creature: no heart, brain, and soul. Looks can be deceiving as what they say, but how can I envy such thing when I can utilize my senses: I have eyes that can see; nose that can smell; mouth that can talk; arms that can move freely; and, legs that can walk. I’m alive and free! No one can control me. Despite everything, Fiona still lingers in me, her speechlessness and smile that hides her true feelings, which defines what material she’s made of—plastic!

--

Vivacious Andy - I'm an optimistic person, a girl whose life is more than just happy; I like to do a lot of things that I’m interested in like dancing, fashion, party and art. I also tend to do a lot of things that I don’t do much so that I will learn more about them. Furthermore, I’m a loving daughter, sister, and a friend who's always there to listen, the one who has loads of laugh, always fooling around when nothing to do and do random things. I'm just a simple person who likes to have a cool life.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment