Wednesday, November 4, 2009

House for Rent by Masyado

Living away from wasn’t easy. It is lonely and a bit hard but also it is a learning experience. A test of independence. Now that I'm in college, I have to live in a boarding house together with my sister. It is our first time to live away from home. We decided to move out from our house to live closer to our respective schools and save transportation expenses. We go home to our house in Alabang once a week. My sister leaves the boarding house every Saturday morning and comes back Sunday night. I go home after my class in NSTP, Sunday, and I go back to that boarding house Monday afternoon.

Our room is little and its walls are colored pink so you may call it "pink cage". It only has four appliances, electric fan, light bulb, iron and our cell phones. It has a double-deck bed, a cabinet and a small table inside it. A picture of a house that is totally different from a home I used to grow up to. My first week in that cage is like a year of waiting for weekend to come. I really miss all my favorite shows. The loud heart pumping-out sound of our radio component. My noisy brothers. My charming pet dog. And most specially, my parents and my mom's cooking. I really miss everything about home. I really feel lonely in this cage. I feel so alone because I only see my sister during the night when she's back from school. I have no one to talk to.

I also have to be independent about the house chores I cannot expect anyone to that for me. Me and my sister share responsibilities but sometimes I just feel tired doing those so many chores. Ending up, wishing you were at home because mom would just do that for me. Especially when I have to wash my school uniform at night so that I could wear it tomorrow. I used to wake up and see food at the table but now I have to buy them or cook them for myself and afterwards wash the dishes. Living at our boarding house is so different from my life living at our home.

Outside our room are two other rooms with four other occupants. Even though, I'm sociable. It is still quite hard to live with other people whom you do not know. I have to share with them are common areas like the kitchen, bathroom and the laundry area. Well, they seem to be nice but it is just uncomfortable living with strangers. Now I know what homesick means. I’m trying to defeat my feeling by loving this new home and finding happiness through these things I’m with. Anyway, I think this what's growing up means. Being independent and taking responsibility for yourself. But I'm still looking forward for weekend to come and be back home.

---

"My friends calling me "masyado" because they said that Im too much of everything. I'am too much of what they expected. Im so naughty, lovable, and friendly but Im too complicated person. Too many person says that they don't understand me sometimes because Im so moody and sometimes Im so annoying. They hate me for being short tempered. ("Masyado daw ako sa lahat ng bagay.) but I know even if Im to tiring to be friend with there is someone who willing to be "martir" and love to who and what I am." -- Masyado
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment