Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Time Machine by yabyik

Time is precious. Time is a treasure. Time is gold. The only thing you can never gain back is time. That’s why, it must not be wasted. Everyone knows how important time is. All of us must be very careful in using it. Despite this awareness, not everyone uses his or her time properly. I admit that I am one of those people who have trashed too much opportunities and chances in life. Moreover, I know, everyone wishes to have another chance to turn back time and change the past.

What if, time machines really exist? Where are you going to use it? What part of your past, would you possibly go? If and only if, I would be given an opportunity to possess a time machine, I will not use it to go back to my childhood days. The times where I am still not aware of the painful realities in life. Where my life is out of worries, anxieties, and pain. I also do not intend to turn time back to my most successful days. The times when I felt that, I am the best, where different achievements had become a collection. There is also no turning back to the most cheerful moments of my life. The times when mom and I were still okay and nothing built between us but love. Those were also the times where my mother had become my idol, my guide, my protector, and most especially, my best friend. Even though, until now I’m still confused on how mom and I reached the point of treating each other as strangers, I won’t go back there.

If I possess a time machine, where am I going to use it? I have experienced lots of vicissitudes in my life. I’m also one of the limited persons, who luckily got the chance to taste perfection. Neither will I ever use the time machine just to change nor to maintain them. If there is only one thing in my past, where I would choose to go with the use of time machine, the only thing that I love to experience repeatedly, is the time when I had my first dance with my father. It is the most unforgettable; most cherished, and will always be the happiest memory I could have. That was the time when I realized my worth. Dad made me feel that moment that despite trials and sufferings, I could overcome them all. He taught me how to become strong on the weakest part of myself. He made me believe that nothing and no one can stop me in living on my own. He opened my eyes to let me see that living in this world is not the worst. He made me feel that I am not a mistake.

I’ve danced a lot of person before but no one can replace the way dad danced with me, because that moment, I knew, inside my heart, I was loved. No one can love me like my father did. If through this device I could get another chance to feel that love once more, I will never waste it. My longing to hold him again is breaking me into pieces. If fate could just allow me to have one more chance to be with my father, surely I will grab it. If I could just steal one final glance, one final step, and another dance with him…I would probably play an endless song, because I know, it’s the only way, I could feel his unconditional love again.

---

Yabyik - A kind and sensible girl, bright in school and is always prepared for any trouble that may come. Naughty but sweet and has a cute smile. simple, moody but easy to be with. She likes to eat but she never gain weight. She spends her time at home sleeping, watching movies, and listening to music.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment