Monday, September 14, 2009

My Writing Escapade by Mademoizelle

I’m running out of words… to scrawl in this empty sheet of paper. I’m running out of neurons… on my head just to think, imagine and think again to write like a genuine writer. I’m running out of time… since there seems no room for concentration. Still, silence is around. A few seconds, minutes and hours passed by and I had written words, phrases, titles, sentences without certain direction. Then suddenly on my head, it’s like I am digging a very deep soil, perhaps on a quicksand I felt I was about to sink on it. Good Lord! What an oblivion mind I have tonight! Do I really have the guts for this kind of endeavor?

Asking myself what writing is all about I guess is as fussy and imperious as what life is all about. Figurative, idiomatic, poetic, melodic, scientific and biblical- we live for many reasons, missions, choices and pathways. It’s like being a writer of your own story. And for me, writing is like a Death March! I have to walk a thousand miles, a lonely road, cross a river, climb hills and mountains just to enter the kingdom where pen and mind are mightier than the sword.

Perhaps, I have to flashback now when I first fell in love and befriended a pen. Playful and innocent is the kind of child I used to be. The time has come to change and I was about to enter a new playground where pen and paper is my only toys. It was during my fifth and sixth grade in school. On my English and Filipino subject, a formal theme was a prerequisite every grading period. Still fresh on my memory, the topic and title of it (My Autobiography, My Most Unforgettable Experience and My Dreams for the Future). I won’t deny that I owe my elder sister greatly for sharing her skills of writing with me. For that, I thank my gratitude to my one and only sister, my first writing guru. I also thank my two advisers in grade school that appreciated my works and encourage me for writing though I only did this because of grades and requirements. It never occurred to me as a habit especially during vacation. Other than that, on my first experience to write a journal was during high schools as English requirement. It was good and my teacher also appreciated my works. AS of now, I wonder if I really have the gift to write effectively-as in a future career to be a writer. Many times, I felt that I’m frustrated and trying hard writer especially if I know someone my age or classmates who have this skill.

For this reason, if I could write a thousand words with different colors such as red for love, orange for fun, yellow for hopes, green for nature, blue for peace, indigo for courage and strength, and violet for passion and grace, truly my life will be as majestic and chaste as the rainbow of God’s embrace.


---

Mademoizelle is simply unpredictable, introvert, music and nature lover. She is a Christ’s child, born with imperfection and discontentment. Indeed, she is a sinner who seeks for God’s forgiveness and wisdom, who aspire for more spiritual happiness and pray for my salvation with my loved ones.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. (For the first time!) I hope it'll be the start...
    Thank God. Thank you Mr. Reyes,you're such a crackerjack!

    ReplyDelete