Monday, September 14, 2009

Why I Want to Become a Nurse by Ophelia Borja

When I was still young, I thought that the world was for my taking. I had wanted to become a scientist, a fashion designer and sometimes a simple ice cream flavor maker. I had dreams of becoming insanely rich,powerful and famous. Then as I grew older and began to think more reasonably, I started to see the world for what it really is, well not an unhopeful world but not the sunshine, rainbows type either that I thought it would be as a little girl. Sometimes things do not happen the way you hope it would be. First, my parents would just not agree to send me to a Fashion school nor a Culinary one. It was too much risky and expensive, they demand that I seek a more stable course and I wasn't able to complain and had to go with their decision. After all they are the ones financially responsible for my education. Then I had to choose. What is it that makes me happy as much as designing or eating ice cream does, is there something else that I'm interested in doing ? A reliable course that my parents would happily comply with.

Growing up with both my parents working in a hospital have greatly influenced my decision. Seeing them help other people made me understand that true joy does not lie on fancy clothes nor scrumptious sweets but in being able to do kind acts to other people,even though you hardly even know them at all. So I chose to take up nursing, even after all the rage that nursing is not in demand anymore and were bound to end up in call centers.I say being a nurse is very advantageous. Being a nurse brings stability since there will always be a sick person to be taken care of.Another is that being a nurse opens more oppurtunities to expand my studies by choosing from the varieties of specialties a nurse can choose and excel in. I also took up nursing because it has always been one of my dreams to become a doctor and taking up nursing as my pre-med is a useful experience prior to taking up medicine, for I can choose to work or study after graduation, depending on my situation in the future. And of course, taking up nursing does not only benefit me but all the people around me which I can help whenever the need to arises.

All things considered, Nursing was the best course I could take up in view of the benefits of this profession and I did. It also settled things between me and my parents on what and why I should take up nursing as my course.

---
Ophelia Borja indulges herself with reading her favorite books such as Lolita, Alice in Wonderland, A Series of Unfortunate Events series and some other stuff. When she’s not reading, she could either be watching movies she likes again and again like Marie Antoinette, Rushmore, Eternal sunshine of the Spotless Mind and other movies directed by her favorite directors Wes Anderson and Sofia Coppola or listening to French techno, Japanese pop and Brechtian punk . She’s an avid fan of the pinup scene, haute couture and sketches her own designs when she feels like it. She enjoys spending a lot of time with her stp buddies, going out and attending gigs. She dreams to be a Psychiatric doctor someday.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment: